Heading East from the hostel (via Spean Bridge) takes you to Aviemore and the Cairngorms National Park.
Here are some ideas for when you’re there.
- Ride Scotland’s only funicular railway up to the top station on Cairngorm Mountain.
- See the reindeer at the Cairngorm Reindeer Centre.
- Get active in the park. There are lots of adventures on offer so why don’t you try something new?
- Board the Strathspey Railway steam train from Aviemore to Boat of Garten and Broomhill.
- Go on a tour at Cairngorm Brewery Company and sample a locally made beer.
Don’t forget to stop off on the way!
- Taste whisky and chocolate at Dalwhinnie Distillery.
- Explore the ruins of Ruthven Barracks just outside Kingussie.
- Discover how people used to live at the open air Highland Folk Museum in Newtonmore. It’s also a shooting location for Outlander.
- Visit the Highland Wildlife Park in Kincraig.
Carry on a bit further still…
- Have some fun at the Landmark Forest Adventure Park in Carrbridge.
- Time your visit to Carrbridge to enter the annual Golden Spurtle, the World Porridge Making Championships!