Travelling North up the Great Glen you’ll arrive in Inverness, the capital of the Highlands.
Here are some ideas for when you’re there.
- Watch a movie or see a show at Eden Court Theatre. Check the notice board for the latest programme information.
- Go for a swim at Inverness Leisure. There are flume rides and a wave pool too!
- Visit the Inverness Museum and Art Gallery.
- Go shopping in the Victorian Market in the centre of the city.
- Explore the Ness Islands and Inverness Botanic Gardens.
Don’t forget to stop off on the way!
- Stop at Fort Augustus to watch the canal locks in operation or visit the Rare Breeds Park.
- Take in the expanse of Loch Ness at one of the many viewpoints on both sides of the loch or take a cruise.
- Uncover some history at Urquhart Castle.
- Find out all about Nessie at a Loch Ness exhibition.
Carry on a bit further still…
- Cross over the Kessock Bridge to explore the rest of the Highlands.